Saturday, April 5, 2008

Thing 17: ELM Productivity Tools

The first thing I did was add ELM to my toolbar.

Gale/Cengage Learning: I thought I would do one better and set up my own search that would help me out professionally and be applied to my everyday work. So, I set up a search alert for a subject in some educational articles. There are a lot out there.

EBSCO: I almost gave up on this one. The "short video" link took forever to connect. Then it went so fast I could not understand it. I finally explored on my own. I think I got it. I had fun starting a web page but wasn't sure what to do with it after I saved it.

ProQuest and NetLibrary were interesting, also. But, I got more excited with Kids InfoBits. I could definitley use this in my classroom for fun little research projects.

No comments: